A good candidate for LASIK surgery should…
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a stable prescription (NOT changing noticeably from year to year)
- Be nearsighted (myopia) up to –12.00 or Farsighted (hyperopia) up to +6.00
- Have astigmatism as high as 6.00 diopters
- Have reasonable expectations
You should not have LASIK if you…
- Are pregnant
- Have any unstable medical condition (such as diabetes, hypertension, or thyroid problems)
- Have any uncontrolled eye diseases
- Have keratoconus or decreased vision from cataracts
Dr. Tylock, one of the most experienced LASIK surgeons in the country, is committed to providing you with all the information you need to feel comfortable about making the choice to have vision correction surgery. After viewing our website if you would like to have more information, please feel free to request an information packet. We also invite you to attend one of our free Tuesday night seminars.
To find out if you are a candidate for laser vision correction, contact our laser eye care center serving the Dallas / Fort Worth area to schedule a pre-LASIK eye exam.