Flap Creation- Faster
The WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser is the perfect partner for the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser, both comprise the WaveLight® Refractive Suite. The FS200 features the fastest flap creation times, approximately 6 seconds. Dr. Tylock and Dr. George are proud to have been the first surgeons in the Dallas-Forth Worth area to obtain this new state-of-the-art laser.
|Dr. Tylock has 2 years more experience with the WaveLight® FS200 than any other surgeon in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.|
The WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser offers adjustable hinge size and position, flap sizes and shapes. It combines low pulse energy and a unique cutting pattern for creating accurate flaps. This innovative laser uses a beam control check, accommodating for variables like temperature shift. Its ergonomic features include a high quality microscope, an adjustable joystick, and 3-axis laser arm for more efficient usability and improvement in procedures.
Some of the notable features of the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser include:
- Low Energy and High Precision Laser:
- Sharp cutting edges
- Smooth stromal beds
- Easy to lift flaps
- Adjustable flap centration after suction is applied
- Ultrafast Treatment:The WaveLight® FS 200 works at a remarkable 200,000 pulses per second. This allows for the shortest treatment times as most flaps take approximately 6 seconds to make.
- Automated vacuum control for consistent suction: Extremely important to any Femtosecond Laser is the suction or vacuum device that is necessary to hold the eye in position while the flap is created. Some older lasers required either manual (hand-controlled) suction devices that could hold too firmly causing unnecessary damage to the delicate tissues in the eye, or hold too loosely causing a loss of suction and needing to repeat the vacuum step. All other older Femtosecond lasers use a single high level of suction that is not graduated nor is it adjustable. The FS 200 has an ergonomic suction ring that allows for minimized intraocular pressure (IOP) and maximized patient comfort. It has two levels of vacuum that are used during the procedure and both are adjustable. This allows the doctor to both customize and graduate the suction for the patient’s procedure.
- Automated Daily Calibration (Increased Safety): Calibration is one key to success with the creation of the flap for LASIK surgery with the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond laser. Automated daily calibration of the laser assures the physician and staff of reliable and consistent performance.
- Mandatory Patient Calibration on Every Procedure: Unique to the WaveLight® FS 200 is a safety feature that requires another mandatory calibration check of the patient interface just before making the flap. This patient interface is the disposable device that touches the patient’s eye during the brief procedure. It serves as a point of measurement when the FS 200 Advanced Beam Technology makes the flap at a specific depth. This calibration or quality control check helps to assure precise flap depths. Currently this same quality control check is not present on any other Femtosecond Laser.
- Multi-functional Capabilities: The WaveLight® FS200 has performance tailored to the surgeon, so precise treatments can be designed for the patient and their individual needs. It is also capable of use in other specialized treatments such as intracorneal ring segments as well as lamellar and penetrating keratoplasty transplants.
|The WaveLight® FS200 sets a new industry standard for patient safety and comfort by measuring each individual patient interface before treatment and applying a more gentle and adjustable vacuum.|