$1000 off LASIK per eye
Official LASIK Surgeon
of the Texas Rangers
Are You a LASIK Candidate?
Have you been thinking about having LASIK surgery and wondering if it’s right for you? LASIK can correct severe degrees of nearsightedness and even moderate levels of both farsightedness and astigmatism, but it is not for everyone.
Before undergoing LASIK there are a few items to consider in determining if you should make an appointment with Dr. Tylock for an evaluation:
- Are you too old or too young to have LASIK? It is typically required that patients be at least 18 years of age before having Lasik so that there is enough history for Dr. Tylock to determine if their eyes have stabilized. There is not a restriction for being too old, however, ideal patients are typically between the ages of 21 and 65.
- Have your eyes remained at the same prescription for long enough? It is highly common for minor adjustments to take place in your vision over time; your sight would still be considered stable. However, drastic changes to your eyesight can eliminate you from being a good candidate for Lasik surgery.
- Is your health good enough to undergo LASIK? As with any procedure, there is a small amount of recovery and certain autoimmune diseases and diabetes can affect your ability to recover properly. In this case, there are alternatives to LASIK that Dr. Tylock can discuss with you.
- Are you pregnant or nursing? Women who are pregnant or nursing are not candidates for LASIK because the hormone levels in their bodies can effect their vision and not provide the eye doctor with an accurate reading of their required prescription.
- Does your job have any restrictions? It is very rare but some professions will not allow refractive surgery; if you are concerned this could be an issue then check with your employer.
Based on the list above if you believe you are a candidate for LASIK surgery and want to find out more about the procedure then contact our office at 1 (800) 643-8537 to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Tylock.